Instagram

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Luscious Lemon Paleo Puff Cookies


Oh, yeah. I said it: paleo puff cookies. You're, uh.. drooling a bit. Yeah, just there. There ya go.

Another fantastic use (if I do say so myself!) of coconut flour in this recipe; if you haven't yet experimented with this ingredient of paleo gold, have yourself some paleo pancakes.

If you're baking for four or more, I recommend doubling the recipe. A tray of 10 cookies between myself and three of my loyal taste-testers disappeared in mere minutes. Of course, that might speak more to our ability to nom anything with sugar on top, but all the same. Better safe, you know.

Equipment:
Ingredients:
Makes ~10 cookies
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup coconut or almond milk
  • 2T coconut nectar
  • 1t vanilla extract
  • 1 lemon, juice and zest
  • 3/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1t baking powder
  • 1/4t baking soda
  • Dash of cinnamon
  • Dash of sea salt
  • Coconut or date sugar for sprinkling
  • Coconut oil for greasing

Preparation:
1. Heat over to 350 F.
2. Mix wet ingredients (including lemon) in one bowl; mix dry (excluding sugar) ingredients in another.
3. Add wet to dry and stir until combined. Batter should be moist, but not runny; add more milk or flour as needed.
4. Scoop batter by tablespoon onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes until bottoms are brown and tops are lightly crisped.
6. Cool and enjoy!

I don't have a mini muffin pan, but I'm curious as to how these cookies would turn out as mini muffins. Any adventurous chefs out there? Tell me if it works!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Variations? Substitutions? Suggestions? Leave a comment!