Instagram

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Simple, Succulent, Satiating Salmon


As the significant other of someone with a fish allergy, I rarely get to enjoy fish as part of my paleo plan, lest I asphyxiate him with the delectable aroma of cooking fish--but he's a peach, so I'm not complaining. Just makes me that much more grateful when I do have the opportunity to regale y'all with an aquatic recipe.

I picked up some wild sock-eye salmon on sale from my locale goode foode shoppe, and my Omega-3 receptors couldn't be more excited. Salmon is also high in protein and Vitamin D, so if you've yet to become a fan of this magical pink fish, allow the nutrient density to appeal to your paleo pallet. Along with the coconut oil-inspired goodness, of course.

Fair warning: your tastebuds might explode.

Equipment:
  • Foiled baking sheet

Ingredients:
  • Salmon fillet
  • Coconut oil
  • Sea salt
  • Black pepper
  • Lemon juice (optional)

Preparation:
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Coat fillet with coconut oil and add seasoning to taste on each side. Feel free to get more creative than what's listed; balsamic vinegar is also a pretty delectable addition.
3. Place fillet in center of baking sheet, skin down, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fish is light pink and flaky.
4. Add a side like bacon-wrapped asparagus and enjoy!

Any paleo-friendly wines you'd recommend with this dish?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Variations? Substitutions? Suggestions? Leave a comment!